Basic Course in Piping Engineering
This will be a basic course for Graduate Engineer Trainees in piping disciplines. The course content is explained below.
Module – 1 : – Introduction to Industry segments
1. Broad overview of Industries involving Piping Engineering,
2. Basics of Piping
3. Introduction to various CODES & STANDARDS,
4. Different Sub disciplines & Roles within Piping Discipline
5. Fundamentals of Design [Safety, Process, Constructability, Economy & Operability]
6. Introduction to basic drawings & documents.
- Plot Plan
- Piping & Valve Material Specification
Module – 2 : – Fundamentals of Piping Engineering & Design
1. Introduction to different types of Pipe fittings
2. Different types of Piping Services.
3. P&ID symbols
4. Piping Layout
5. Piping Isometric
6. Understanding Piping Material Specification
7. Piping Slope Lines
8. Preparing Branch Tables & Rule of Size reduction
9. Pipe supports basics